Monday, May 16, 2011

Another successful experiment :-)

A couple weeks ago a friend asked me if I ever made any vegan desserts.  A friend of hers is a vegan and her birthday was coming up.  Timing is everything because I had bought a vegan cookbook and was looking for a reason to try out some new recipes.  
I ended up making 2 types of vegan cupcakes for the birthday girl and I've gotten great reviews!  I made a vanilla cupcake with raspberry "buttercream"...I think the cupcake still needs a little tweaking but the frosting was pretty tasty, if I do say so myself! ;-)  The second kind was a chocolate stout cupcake with a peanut butter "buttercream"...I got lots of compliments on this one!  My boyfriend can't get enough of the frosting ...I'd say that was a good outcome! :-) 
I am thrilled I have had such luck with my culinary experiments! It is so great to know that I can make people happy with something that I create in my tiny little kitchen! 





   

No comments:

Post a Comment