Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Welcome to Chef Amy’s blog!

For some time now, family and friends have teased me about being a foodie and encouraged me to follow my dreams of becoming a “real” chef.  I’m the girl to go to when you want a suggestion for a cool place to eat or ideas for making something different and yummy. 

About 8 months ago, a friend of mine encouraged me to start selling my desserts.  I thought she was crazy at first but I figured I had nothing to lose.  So I started selling baklava and chocolates at Cleveland Craft Coalition shows.  Some shows were more profitable than others but it was good exposure and I got some word of mouth business.  I’ve had the opportunity to make birthday cakes, a 3 tier sweet 16 cake, pies, and have done full catering for a couple events.  I’d say things have gone pretty well but it is just the beginning!

The intent of my blog is to push me to work toward my dreams while helping others explore the wonders of the culinary world! J

Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions! 

Don’t forget to order sweet and savory treats for Easter, Mother’s Day, birthdays or just because!

Food is our common ground, a universal experience. – James Beard

2 comments:

  1. We all need to follow our dreams, you are doing the right thing, don't look back and if I can help in anyway you just let me know. Keep going forward and never look back. I have been doing that for years now and it is great! Think about it would your Uncle ever move to where he lives today, Hell-No, but I love it and wished I did it when I was your age. Be bold and we will back you all the way.
    Love you
    Uncle Stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy I know you will do well.
    Sadly my job ended about a month and a half ago. I'm working hard trying to see it as opportunity to start my own jewelry business. I make jewelry, it's what I love to do and I should be working for me!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete